Sunday, July 6, 2014

Shrimp Taco Bites

These are SO tasty!  However, they do get soggy if you refrigerate them or leave them out too long.  But still super tasty.  I switched up the original recipe a little bit by using Chipotle Chili Powder instead of the chopped chilies in adobo sauce, mixed in with the sour cream.  I ended up doubling the amount because I was a little heavy handed when putting them together.  I also used medium-sized shrimp because I thought they would nestle nicely in the Scoops.  I will DEFINITELY be making these again soon.  Excuse the packaging - I took these to a party and it was the best way to transport them (I'm also thinking a deviled egg dish would work, too).





















Shrimp Taco Bites
adapted from I Wash, You Dry

24 medium raw shrimp, peeled, cleaned, tails off
non-stick cooking spray
1 tsp salt, divided
1 tsp grated lime zest
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp chili powder (regular, or could be chipotle)
1 avocado, diced
8 oz light sour cream
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
24 tortilla chip scoops (I used multi-grain)

Preheat oven to 375F.  Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.  Combine 1/2 tsp salt, lime zest and chili powder in a small bowl.  Sprinkle over the raw shrimp and toss to coat completely.  Lay the shrimp on the baking sheet and spray with the cooking spray.  Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until the shrimp turn pink and curl in on themselves.  Meanwhile, combine the avocado, lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.  Combine the sour cream and chipotle chili powder and mix completely.  Assemble the bites by taking a scoop, putting in an avocado piece, a dollop of sour cream and top with a shrimp.  Serve, and devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment