Monday, March 25, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Pizza

When I looked up this recipe on Rachael Ray's website, I realized I actually watched this episode in April 2009.  I was out of work and the ingredients were cheap and easy.  I made it a lot for a while because it was easy and a big hit in my house, then I totally forgot about it for a few years.  Toward the end of last year I finally remembered it again and it's been happily devoured on several occasions.


 


















Chicken Bacon Ranch Crescent Pizza
adapted from Sara Mayer on Rachael Ray

1 can crescent rolls
1 cup barbeque sauce
1 large can cooked chicken, or shredded
1 cup shredded cheddar
6 cooked bacon pieces, chopped
1 cup ranch dressing
1 tsp chili powder

Preheat oven to 375F.  Cover a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.  Spead out the crescent rolls flat onto the parchment and pinch the seams to seal.  Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and turn on the broiler.  Spread barbeque sauce all over the crescent to the edges, as much or little as you want.  Spread out the chicken, then sprinkle bacon and top with cheese.  Put in the broiler for a few minutes, watching until the cheese melts.  Remove from oven.  In a plastic sandwich bag, combine ranch dressing and chili powder.  Use the bag like a pastry bag (snip a tiny piece off one corner) and drizzle the dressing over the pizza.  Cut into squares and serve.


I know a few years ago I played around with different flavor combos, but I haven't for a while.  I'm thinking a Caprese pizza would be awesome.  Look out for the recipe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment