Sunday, March 3, 2013

Garlic and Red Pepper Shrimp

I found this little recipe in Cosmo.  Yeah, the magazine.  I clipped it in my constant search for variety.  Now, almost 7 months later, I'm mad at myself for waiting so long to finally make it.  Especially since we eat shrimp practically once a week.  It would probably be great served over rice or pasta, too.



















Garlic and Red Pepper Shrimp
adapted from Cosmopolitan

1 lb large shrimp, cleaned, shelled and deveined (uncooked)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp lemon zest (dried is fine)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

In a large bowl, combine all ingredient and toss to coat.  Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to 24 hours.  Heat a skillet or wok to medium-high heat and add shrimp.  Saute, constantly tossing with a spatula or slotted spoon for 3-4 minutes, until shrimp are cooked and opaque.  Serve hot or cold.



Men's Health magazine also, surprisingly, has pretty decent recipes.  Unforunately they are also super complicated and involve at least 15 ingredients, many of which you'll use a 1/4 tsp of and never use again.  I'm sure I'll post a couple of them up, since we've had some tasty dishes from there.

Throwing a question out there to the interwebs world:  where's the strangest place you've ever gotten a winning recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment