Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baked Chicken Fajitas

I usually don't stray from the chicken fajita recipe I grew up on.  But this looked so good all cooked in one dish, that I had to try it.  So glad I did.  The flavors are so great and the peppers and onions cook up really well.



Baked Chicken Fajitas

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles (I used Rotel)
1 medium onion, sliced in rings
1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced

Preheat oven to 400F.  Prepare a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.  In a small bowl, combine oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano and salt.  Put the chicken in the dish and drizzle the oil and spice mixture over.  Stir to coat.  Add tomatoes, peppers and onions and stir it all together to spread the sauce around the vegetables.  Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.




You can serve it in tortillas, or like I did - "open face" on some shredded lettuce with my favorite fajita toppings.  It was very, very tasty and we had plenty of leftovers.  I'll make this again for company since it's an all-in-one dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment