Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coriander Chicken Kebabs

I love recipes that make me call my mom right after I make them.  Right after I made this, I knew it would be a flavor my parents would love and called them immediately.  They made it a couple days later.  It's SO tasty!  This is going into more frequent rotation.





















Coriander Chicken Kebabs
from Cooking Classy

1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest (I used dried)
2 gloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp group cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces

Cilantro Yogurt Sauce:
1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 garlic clove, finely minced
1 pinch dried ginger
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, salt and pepper.  Place chicken pieces in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinade in.  Seal the bag and let it sit for about 30 minutes at room temperature.  Thread the chicken onto skewers.  Preheat grill to medium-high heat.  Spray grill with cooking spray and grill the chicken, flipping halfway through grilling, about 9 minutes total.  Serve warm.

For Cilantro Yogurt Sauce - combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl.  Store in fridge until ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment