Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bangin' Shrimp

I love a good copycat recipe.  And I REALLY love Bang Bang Shrimp at Bonefish Grill.  It's my second favorite recipe from Bonefish after the White Cranberry Cosmo, and I shook down the bartender for that recipe many years ago.  Even better, the calories are so low!  And the ingredients are so basic!  A win all the way around.





















Bangin' Shrimp
from Skinnytaste

5 tbsp light mayonnaise
3 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sriracha
1 lb large shrimp, shelled & deveined
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp canola oil

Combine the mayo, sweet chili sauce and sriracha in a medium bowl (enough to hold the cooked shrimp).  Set aside.  In another bowl, add the cornstarch to the shrimp and toss with your hands.  Heat a skillet or wok to high heat with the oil.  Add shrimp and toss a few times to cook through.  Remove to bowl with sauce and coat the shrimp well. 























Sorry, as usual, for the crappy pictures.  It was almost 8:30 pm and I was starving.  And to be honest with you, this was the worst batch of this I've ever made.  I think there was too much sauce for how many shrimp I had, the shrimp were too big, and I didn't use enough sriracha.  Always use more sriracha!  This recipe is so easy, but perhaps next time I'll try a more involved one, since this was kind of a bust this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment