Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken

I recently had the opportunity to cook for my family a couple of times, and this was one of the meals I made.  It was delicious!  I love when other people enjoy my food - it makes me so happy!  Truthfully, my brother manned the grill until they were perfectly 160F inside.  Photo credit to my dad!





















Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken
from Cooking Classy

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup olive oil, plus more to rub on the grill grates
1 tbsp lemon zest
1/3 cup lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 tbsp)
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the thicker parts of the chicken to an even thickness (I made mine under 1", maybe less than 3/4" - this is so it cooks evenly).  In a mixing bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix together everything but the chicken.  Place the chicken in a large resealable bag and pour in the liquid and herbs.  Mush it around to evenly coat chicken.  Press all of the air out and seal.  Place in the refrigerator for 2-5 hours, mushing again and rotating the chicken half way through.  Preheat the grill over medium-high heat (425-450F).  Brush the grill grates lightly with oil.  Place the chicken on the grill, close the lid, and cook chicken 4 minutes per side until it registers 160-165F in the center of each breast.  When it's done, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment