Saturday, January 19, 2013

Corn & Cheddar Quiche

A few years ago my mom and I were shopping at the Lord & Taylor in Westfield and we stopped for a bite in the cafe upstairs.  I loved the corn & cheddar quiche I ordered and went back home to find a recipe online.  I couldn't find one that I liked, so I modified a basic recipe to suit me.  I make this almost every Sunday to eat for breakfast all week.

Corn & Cheddar Quiche
by, Me.

1 9-inch deep frozen pie crust (or don't, if you don't eat that kind of thing)
4 eggs
1 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar
12 oz bag frozen sweet corn
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4-1/8 tsp garlic powder, onion powder and paprika

1.  Preheat over to 350F.  Microwave the corn according to package directions.

2.  Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add all ingredients.  Empty bowl into pie crust (or greased pie plate if you're skipping the crust).  Spread the ingredients around evenly with a spoon.

3.  Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven.  The quiche should be solid in the center and the top should be a little browned.


I always put my pie crust on a foil-lined baking sheet because my quiche always leaks over the sides and I prefer not to clean my oven every week.  You can also experiment with some other add ins like bacon or ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment