Sunday, January 20, 2013

Turkey Meatballs

Turkey meatballs are a regular player in my house.  Which is kind of funny since I just found out about ground turkey last year.  (Let me tell you about the time I was a really picky eater.)  I came across this recipe probably in 2009 and I've been sitting on it for years because I was afraid of ground turkey.  I am an idiot.

Turkey Meatballs

1 pkg ground turkey meat
2 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp Italian seasonings
Dried basil, garlic pepper, salt and pepper to taste

Preheat over to 350F.  Mix everything together in a large bowl with your hands!  Split it in half, half, half and half again so you ball up 16 meatballs.  Heat a skillet or large pan to medium and add about a tablespoon of olive oil.  Add the meatballs and fry them for about 5 minutes and turn them around so they brown evenly.  When the outsides look cooked, remove to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray or drizzled with olive oil.  Bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.

I eat mine with horseradish sauce -- yummmmmmm.  I've also done the same recipe with ground chicken with similar results.  I have a bunch of other turkey meatball recipes that involve sauces and glazes and add-ins, but I just can't experiment when I know this one is tried and true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment