Monday, January 28, 2013

Chicken Caesar Meatballs

This is a pretty summer-y recipe, in my opinion, but I kept thinking about it last week when I bought a pack of ground chicken.  I was going to take the easiest way out and make meatballs with it, but I really do try to switch up our meals enough so we don't get bored.  I made Chicken Caesar Kabobs back when the recipe was posted, but I wasn't crazy about the way they came out.  Ground chicken is extremely wet and then you're adding more wet ingredients and they just wouldn't stay on the skewers.  The man mentioned back then that I should make them more like meatballs, and I finally got around to thinking more about it.



















Chicken Caesar Meatballs
adapted from Taste and Tell Blog

1 lb ground chicken
2 tbsp Caesar dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp dried lemon peel

1.  Preheat oven to 350F. 

2.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix together with your hands.  Separate into 16 equally-sized balls.

3.  Heat a skillet and add some cooking spray.  Place the balls in the pan and saute until lightly browned all over, turning before any side gets too dark.  When equally browned, transfer to a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.

4.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Serve over romaine with caesar dressing.


As you can see from the pics (hopefully), they're still kind of wet.  I might experiment with adding more breadcrumbs.  My turkey meatballs take 2 cups of crumbs, so I might add another half cup.  But the flavor is still awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment