Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Fajitas

I had an awesome and relaxing weekend and wanted to cap it off with something that tasted like home.  Like mommy and daddy's home.  Whenever I go home, I request this for a meal.  It's one of those meals I can't quite replicate because it just tastes better there.  But here is the recipe anyway.  You'll probably want to hire my dad to do the grilling.






















"Homestyle" Chicken Fajitas
from My Parents :)

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup lime juice
1/3 cup tequila
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
tortilla shells

Add ons (whatever you want):
sauteed green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion
shredded cheddar
sour cream
salsa
shredded lettuce
queso

Mix together oil, lime juice and tequila, salt and pepper.  Place chicken breasts in a large Ziploc bag and add oil mix.  Marinate in the fridge 1-24 hours. 

Preheat your outdoor grill.  Get all your add ons together.  When grill is hot, grill that chicken until it's 165F inside.

Slice the chicken, add it to your tortilla and then throw on your add ons of choice.




















No comments:

Post a Comment