Sunday, February 24, 2013

Crab & Cream Cheese Crescents

This is a great game day (race-day, Real Housewives marathon day) snack.  Easy to make, quick and super flavorful.  Definitely serve with Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce.  Fun fact:  I worked at Frank's RedHot's parent company's HQ last year and the cafeteria and cafe each had all of their products out on the tables.  This is how I found out about the Sweet Chili Sauce and when we order crab rangoon with our takeout, I ditch whatever sauce they send with it and use this.  I've also marinated chicken in it and cooked and served it like my "Chinese" Chicken




Crab & Cream Cheese Crescents
adapted from Pillsbury

1 8 ounce can crescent rolls (I use Big & Flaky)
3 oz. cream cheese, softened (I use 1/3 fat)
1/4 cup mayonaise (I use low fat)
3/4 cup cooked crab meat
2 green onions, chopped
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt & pepper to taste (I did about a 1/4 tsp each)

Heat oven to 375F.  In a small bowl, use a hand mixer to blend cream cheese, mayo, crab meat, onion, cayenne and salt & pepper.  Unroll the dough in 4 rectangles and seal the perforations.  Cut each rectangle in half.  Divide the mixture among the squares.  Fold a corner over to form a triangle and seal the edges and perforations if they open.  Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake 15 minutes or until golden.


Yummmm I'm going to go have the leftovers now!

No comments:

Post a Comment