Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chicken Milanese

I got the Groupon for The Fresh 20, and while I'm not overwhelmed with great recipes, I managed to find one I'm actually interested in.  I've made it twice now, and it's not overly amazing, but a good, solid, easy weeknight chicken.





















Chicken Milanese
adapted from The Fresh 20

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced down the center
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence or Italian seasonings
1/2 tsp dried lemon peel
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 egg
1/2 tbsp water
lemon juice

Preheat oven to 425F.  Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  Lay out 4 pieces of chicken.  Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt.  On a large plate, combine bread crumbs, herbs/Italian seasonings, lemon peel, olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper.  In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water together.  Dip both sides of chicken in the egg mix, then press the chicken down into bread crumbs mix and squeeze to coat completely.  Bake 10 minutes, flip and bake 5 minutes more.  Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.


Okay, whoever thought of adding olive oil to the bread crumb mix is a GENIUS!!!!!  I've done a bunch of recipes where the chicken gets barely coated or flakes off when baking.  I'm going to add olive oil to every breaded ANYTHING recipe I have from here on out.  This chicken coats beautifully!  And still cooks up juicy and tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment