Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chicken Gyro Pita Pockets

I've mentioned before that the spa I go to for a massage every 8 weeks is next to Trader Joe's.  Remembering my blissed-out purchase of tzatziki sauce last time, I planned ahead.  This resume came through my Google Reader in a very timely manner and I used it as the perfect opportunity to wind my brain back up before jumping back in the car for a 45 minute drive home after my massage.  Okay, I also stopped in Ann Taylor Loft for some pants, and a Moonlight In Vermont at Gourmet Girls (GO THERE!!), but tzatziki was my real brain-mush mission (I'm not even going to tell you how long it took me to find, even though it was in the same place from March).




















Chicken Gyro Pita Pockets
adapted from

1 lb ground chicken
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp lemon peel
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper (lots)

Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Combine all ingredients well, using a fork.  Split into 8 equal portions.  With your hands, roll into balls and flatten into patties.  Spray skillet with cooking spray and add patties.  Cook until lightly browned on that side, then spray top with cooking spray and flip until lightly browned on that side.  Cook through, flipping so no side burns.  Remove to plate and let cook a few minutes.  Serve inside pita with sliced tomato, cucumber and tzatziki sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment