Friday, May 17, 2013

Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken

Over the last month I haven't been able to work from home as much as I have in the past year.  Because this recipe only needs a few hours to cook, I actually made up a reason that I had to work from home home (blamed it on the dog).  I really did work from home, I just also took a quick break at 2 pm to start this.  Nothing wrong with my priorities!




















Crock Pot Creamy Ranch Chicken
from Chef In Training

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (1 oz) envelope dry ranch dressing mix
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
8 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes
1/4 cup cooked & crumbled bacon

Prepare crock pot with cooking spray or bag liner (I went with the spray for this one).  Place chicken breasts inside.  In a bowl, whisk together chicken soup, chicken broth and dry ranch mix.  Pour over chicken.  Cover and cook on Low for 3-4 hours, or until chicken reaches 165F inside.  Remove chicken and set aside.  Add cream cheese cubes and stir or whisk until melted and completely blended.  Put chicken back into pot and cover with sauce.  Serve with extra sauce and a sprinkle of bacon.



So clearly my idea of a "sprinkle" of bacon is a heaping pile.  But I wanted to make sure so get some in every bite, and I did.  If I'd made a different vegetable, like green beans, I would have dipped them in the sauce, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment