Thursday, May 16, 2013

Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken

I'm not gonna lie:  I didn't even get to taste this dish.  I left it in the crock pot when I went to get my hair done on a weeknight.  When I got home after 8, I was presented with an empty (and dirty) crock pot.  So I'm going to assume that the chicken was so tasty that Someone decided to eat my dinner as seconds.  I ate a small salad and watched Modern Family.  I guess I'll have to make it again soon so I can actually taste it for myself.





















Crock Pot Lemon Pepper Chicken
adapted from The Recipe Critic

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup butter
1 package dry italian dressing mix
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken broth

In a shallow dish, combine flour and pepper.  Drege the chicken in the mix and coat completely.  Melt the butter in a skillet.  Add chicken and brown on each side to a golden color, but not long enough to cook through.  Spray crock pot with cooking spray and add the chicken.  Mix together the lemon juice and chicken broth.  Pour over chicken.  Sprinkle with dry italian dressing mix (you don't have to use the whole pack for 2 breasts).  Cook on Low for 3-4 hours, until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment