Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Grilled Tuscan Pork Chops

I typically do my meal planning and grocery shopping on Sundays, but occasionally I'll have an extra 'something' on hand from a mid-week or Saturday trip to the store.  This time 'something' was two really nice, fresh pork chops from the local butcher/market.  I don't know how I happened to find this recipe, but I'm so glad I did.  I am really not that good at cooking pork chops, so turning it over to someone on the grill was ideal!  This was SO good.  I'm definitely adding this to the line-up of usual suspects!  (I say that about everything, don't I?)




















Grilled Tuscan Pork Chops
from Six Sisters Stuff

4 pork chops, boneless or bone-in, about 3/4" thick
1 16 oz bottle Zesty Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/8 cup honey
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper

Place the pork chops in a large resealable bag and pour in the whole bottle of salad dressing.  Seal the bag, removing air and coat pork chops well.  Refrigerate 4-24 hours.  When you're ready to cook, remove the pork chops and set aside on a plate.  Save the marinade.  Pour the marinade into a sauce pan and add balsamic, honey, rosemary and black pepper.  Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.  Boil gently for 5 minutes and remove from heat.  Preheat grill to 400-450F.  Grill pork chops about 3-5 minutes, until they easily release from the grill.  Flip, and brush with marinade.  Grill about 3-5 minutes more, flip and brush with marinade.  Continue until pork is 165F inside.  Plate and brush even more sauce.



Here's something I've been doing recently because I've been using honey in a few recipes:  I've been lightly spraying the measuring utensil (spoon or cup) I'm using for the honey with cooking spray before I add the honey.  This way it just slips right out of the spoon or cup.  This might be something that you've all been doing for centuries, but it felt like a pretty genius idea when the light bulb popped up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment