Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Indian Spiced Chicken Burgers

Yes, another burger.  That one that was all wet and goopy really set me off and I told you I had a bunch more recipes to try.  This was delicious.  I can't remember what recipe I bought the Garam Masala for, but I'm glad I had it on hand.  This mixed up so quickly in the food processor and cooked perfectly on my grill pan.  I'd mix and match with different types of buns.  I used a potato roll and it was just okay.




















Indian Spiced Chicken Burgers
from Eat Live Run

1 lb ground chicken
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 inch knob fresh ginger
1/4 of a large yellow onion
3 tsp garam masala
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
buns for serving

Place the seeded jalapeno, cilantro, ginger and onion in a food processor and pulse until finely minced.  Add the ground chicken, egg, panko, salt and garam masala and mix well to combine in the food processor.  Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Form patties out of the meat mixture and place in the skillet.  Cook about 6 minutes per side, or until juices run clear.  Serve as you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment