Monday, March 10, 2014

Pancetta, Peas and Corn

This is SO SPECIAL.  I was sitting in the library, downloading a season of Veronica Mars episodes to my Kindle, and reading my way through the magazine section.  I found this in a Rachael Ray magazine and made it that night.  I don't know why I even had all of the ingredients on hand, but I'm so happy that I did.  It's MAGICAL!  The flavors are amazing together!  New most favorite side dish ever.  (Except for corn, blue cheese and balsamic vinegar - YUM.)






















Pancetta, Peas and Corn
from Rachael Ray

5 oz pancetta, diced in small pieces
1/2 cup peas - I used frozen
1/2 cup corn kernels - I used frozen
1 tbsp butter
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper

In a large skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat is rendered, about 3 minutes.  Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate covered in paper towels to drain.  Reserve the skillet.  Add to the skillet the peas and the corn and 1 tbsp butter.  Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, add pancetta back to the pan, then toss in lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment