Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fried Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks

It's been a long time since we used our deep fryer and I'm so glad I busted it out for this recipe.  Incredible!  I will make these again and often.





















Fried Pepper Jack Cheese Sticks
from Life's Ambrosia

8 oz block of pepper jack cheese
wonton wrappers
water
oil for frying

Avocado Cream Dip
1 avocado, pitted and removed from skin
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sour cream
1/4 tsp cumin
salt

Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch sticks.  I think I got 12 out of it.  Place each cheese stick on a wonton and close according to package directions using the water.  Heat deep fryer to 350F.  Fry the cheese sticks in batches and remove to a paper towel to drain.  Sprinkle with salt.  Mix together the Avocado Cream Dip.  Serve cheese sticks with dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment