Thursday, October 10, 2013

Herb-Pepper Sirloin Steak

Instead of digging all over the internet for a new beef recipe, I found this one in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.  I picked a really crappy piece of sirloin, but from what I could taste, it was pretty yummy.





















Herb-Pepper Sirloin Steak
adapted from Better Homes & Gardens cookbook

1 tbsp ketchup
1/4 tsp dried rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp black pepper
Dash of garlic powder
Dash of cardamom (optional - I used Garam Masala)
1 1-lb boneless beef sirloin steak, 1" thick

Preheat grill to medium-high heat.  In a small bowl, stir together ketchup with all the spices.  Coat both sides of the steak with the ketchup mixture.  Place the steak on the grill and cook until desired doneness (5 mins a side for medium-rare.  To serve, cut into 4 equal pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment