Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oven Roasted Butternut Squash

Butternut squash is new for me.  I love switching things up for veggies.  It tasted really good, but I think I used too much oil.  Because of that, it was a little mushier than I think it should be.  I'm going to try it again soon.




















Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
from Real Mom Kitchen

4 cups of butternut squash cut into 1" cubes (or prepackaged cut pieces)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 400F.  Place the cut squash on a rimmed baking sheet.  Toss with oil, salt and pepper until coated evenly.  Spread out into a single layer.  Place in the oven and toss every 10 minutes, until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried acorn squash? I've tried roasting both recently and I like the acorn squash better doing it just like you listed above...

    Unfortunately, I think butternut squash needs some butter to get better.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete