Sunday, October 13, 2013

Panko Crusted Salmon

I bought salmon this weekend and I was just going to make a boring meal of it by sprinkling Cajun seasonings on it and baking it, but Monday morning, this recipe popped up in my AOL Reader and looked like something I might like.  I was right.  It was delicious.  I love Dijon on salmon and I've posted about it before.  I'll make this one again!





















Panko Crusted Salmon
from Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife

2/3 cups panko
2 tbsp finely minced fresh parsley
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb salmon fillet
2 tbsp Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 425F.  In a small bowl, combine panko, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  Slowly drizzle 2 tbsp of olive oil into the mixture and toss with a fork to mix completely.  Place salmon skin-side down on a greased foil-lined baking sheet.  Generously brush the salmon with the Dijon.  Press the panko mixture onto the salmon and completely cover the top.  Bake for 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment