Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Herb-Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta

I don't know what possessed me to buy an eggplant at the farmers market last weekend, except that it just called to me.  I didn't have any recipe in mind to use it, but after some internet scouring, I found something that sounded interesting.  It also tasted really good.  I'll have to play with eggplant more often!




















Herb-Roasted Eggplant with Tomatoes and Feta
from Bon Appetit

1 large eggplant, cut into 1" cubes (next time I'll also peel it)
4 large plum tomatoes, cored, quartered
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sherry wine vinegar
2 tbsp plus 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
1/2 cup crumbled feta

Preheat oven to 450F.  Place eggplant and tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet; toss with oil and vinegar.  Sprinkle with 2 tbsp oregano, salt and pepper.  Roast until eggplant is tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.  Transfer eggplant and tomatoes to a platter.  Sprinkle with feta and 2 tsp oregano and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment