Monday, September 9, 2013

Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Goat Cheese

If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be this chicken.  It combines most of my favorite flavors.  I confess that I rarely clear my whole plate at dinner, leaving a little piece here and there, but I ate every single bite of this and wished there was more.  It was magical!





















Balsamic Grilled Chicken with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
from Just BARE Chicken Cookbook

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I pounded them out to less than 1/2")
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil

Heat grill to medium-high heat.  Place the chicken and vinegar in a resealable bag; turn to coat.  Refrigerate about 30 minutes.  Remove chicken from vinegar (discard bag).  Rub the chicken with oil, salt and pepper.  Place on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.  Serve chicken topped with strawberries, goat cheese and basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment