Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Moroccan Kebabs

I came across this recipe when I was looking for a link to another post I made.  At first I thought it was weird just to lump raw meat onto a kebab stick, but I went for it anyway.  The flavor was excellent, and the meal is pretty healthy.  I halved the recipe from the original.




















Moroccan Kebabs
halved from Low Carb Friends

1 lb ground beef
1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp fresh curly parsley
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tbsp cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

If using wood skewers, soak them in water until you're ready to make the kebabs (mine burned up anyway).  In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix well with your hands.  Refrigerate for an hour.  Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.  Wash your hands, but don't dry them.  Using your hands, gently pack small amounts of the meat around the skewer, forming a 4" sausage shape on each skewer.  Grill until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment