Monday, September 16, 2013

Orange Baja Shrimp

This is one of our favorite marinades for shrimp.  Last summer the seasoning packets were on sale 10 for $10, and I think I've maybe got one left, since I have been trying to shake up the menu this year (hence this "blog").  The seasoning packet has the two preparation instructions on it, and this is the little one in the bottom corner.  I made extra shrimp with the hope of leftovers...that didn't happen.  This really isn't a recipe - more of a serving suggestion.  You can get creative with it.  I usually saute the shrimp in a pan and sometimes put on a salad with some avocado and tomato, using the pan drippings as a dressing.  This time I put them on skewers with pineapple and red pepper and it was an outstanding flavor combination.




















Orange Baja Shrimp
from the back of the marinade pack

1 package McCormick's Grill Mates Baja Citrus Marinade
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp honey
1 lb shrimp

Mix all ingredients together and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.  Grill or saute until opaque and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment