Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Light Jalapeno Popper Dip

It's football season and we haven't had one of our "normal" Sundays yet.  On a "normal" Sunday, I start cooking at 10 am and I don't stop all day.  The last few weekends I've had things to do outside the house, so I have been slacking on my dips and roasts.  The Steelers were on Sunday Night Football this week, so here's what I made.




















Light Jalapeno Popper Dip

1 cup light mayonnaise
2 8 oz. pkgs of 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
1 4-oz can diced jalapenos, drained
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350F.  In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except cheddar) with a hand mixer.  Spread mixture in a baking dish and top with cheddar cheese.  Bake 20-30 minutes.  Serve with Ritz crackers or tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment