Sunday, September 8, 2013

Cowboy Caviar

I saw Cowboy Caviar on Facebook and it looked/sounded ridiculous.  I looked around for the right recipe, and this might be it.  I made some adjustments to the amount of salad dressing, because an entire bottle sounds ridiculous.  I think I'll throw in some chopped jalapeno next time, for a little kick.





















Cowboy Caviar
from Your Homebased Mom

1 can whole corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
5 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
1/4 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing
juice of 1 fresh lime
1 avocado, chopped

In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.  Add the dressing and lime juice.  Refrigerate at least 1 hour.  Right before serving, chop and add avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment