Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Honey & Chili Chicken Thighs with Creamy Cilantro Sauce

I've been hanging on to this recipe until the weather got a little cooler.  I hate to do anything baked in the house when it's warm out.  But I was kind of wrong about the flavor, which is a lot more summer-y than I predicted.  It was good and I made enough that I can eat it for lunches all week.





















Honey & Chili Chicken Thighs with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
adapted from The Kitchn

For the chicken thighs:
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup amber beer (I used Coors Light - I wasn't buying special beer to use 1/4 cup)
2 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs

For the sauce:
1 cup sour cream
1 cup loosely packed cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat the oven to 450F.  Whisk together the honey, chili powder, beer, cider vinegar and olive oil in a mixing bowl.  Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.  Arrange the chicken thighs on a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining marinade.  Roast for 25-30 minutes until cooked through and they read 165F on a kitchen thermometer.  While the thighs are roasting, make the cilantro sauce.  Combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and salt in a blender and process.  Serve chicken thighs immediately after roasting.  Spoon any extra pan juices over them and serve with cilantro sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment