Friday, January 3, 2014

Asian Turkey Burgers with Spicy Lime Mayo

I really thought I'd made this one before, but I guess I hadn't.  It just really sounds like something I would really like, and I was right.  So delicious, so healthy.





















Asian Turkey Burgers with Spicy Lime Mayo
from How Sweet It Is

Burgers:
1 lb ground turkey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
4 whole wheat buns

Spicy Lime Mayo - combine all ingredients until smooth
1/4 cup mayonaisse
1 tsp Sriracha
zest of half a lime
juice of half a lime

Combine all ingredients (except buns) in a large bowl and mix gently with your hands until just combined (don't over mix).  Form into 4 patties about 1/2 inch thick.  Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add burgers.  Cook 4-5 minutes per side.  Toast buns, then top burgers with spicy mayo and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment