Friday, January 24, 2014

Thai Peanut Beef

This was SO GOOD.  I know I say that all the time, but I really mean it every time.  I mean, seriously?  I cooked with peanut butter, AND I ate it!  I hate peanut butter, but this beef is good.  Try it!





















Thai Peanut Beef
from Creme de la Crumb

1-2 lb beef, cut into thin strips (flank steak or stir fry strips)
2-3 tsp oil
(if using more than 2 lbs beef, double the sauce recipe)

Sauce:
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp Sriracha
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (I forgot these)

Whisk together all sauce ingredients, except peanuts.  Set aside.  Add oil to a wok or skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot.  Add beef strips and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly so it cooks evenly.  Beef is done when browned around edges and cooked to desired doneness.  Add 1/2 of the sauce to the pan.  Stir and cook 1-2 minutes longer.  Serve beef hot and top with remaining sauce and chopped peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment