Saturday, January 25, 2014

Crockpot Rosemary Chicken with Butternut Squash

I'm so glad I finally figured out that I like butternut squash.  I've been looking for other ways to use it other than roasting it.  I've also been challenging myself to make at least one slow cooker recipe per week, but I have a really hard time trusting it home alone all day.  This was really tasty and I will make it again.  It was so good, I didn't have time to take a picture of it plated - I ate it way too fast.  Sorry for the crock pot shot.





















Crockpot Rosemary Chicken with Butternut Squash
adapted from Gourmet Innovations

3 lbs butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in 1" cubes
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 medium onion, diced small
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tbsp rosemary, minced
1 tbsp sea salt

Place the squash and onions in the crockpot.  Place the chicken on top.  Pour the soup over the top and sprinkle with salt and rosemary.  Place the lid on the crockpot and turn to low for 8 hours.  Strain and serve.

1 comment:

  1. Steph, last night I did a variant of this for my family ... when finished, after removing chicken, I used immersion blender on the rest, ended up with a sauce much like butternut squash soup! Served over noodles (tho I'm sure rice or brown rice would have been fine too) ... it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete