Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Crockpot Sweet and Tangy Asian Meatballs

This was a good football snack, however I think I messed up from my end and it could have been great if I had followed directions.  I had ground turkey in the fridge, and I was mostly snowed in, so I tried it.  Ground turkey and chicken are so wet to work with, so maybe that's why they weren't so great.  I should try again with pork.




















Crockpot Sweet and Tangy Asian Meatballs
adapted from Jo Cooks

For meatballs:
1 lb ground turkey (use pork - this was a mistake)
1/4 cup green onions, chopped (3-4 onions)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
sesame seeds for garnish

For sauce:
about 3 oz. Hoisin Sauce
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 1/2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
freshly ground pepper

Preheat oven to 400F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Mix all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl.  Shape into 1" diameter meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake the meatballs for 25 minutes, until just browned and no longer pink inside.  While the meatballs are baking, mix all the sauce ingredients together.  Toss the meatballs together with the sauce and pour into the crockpot.  Cook on low for 2 hours, so the sauce is reduced and thickened.  Serve with additional chopped green opion and sesame seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment