Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Spicy Thai Shrimp Skillet

I've been looking forward to this recipe and it was so worth the wait!  I couldn't find Stubb's Pork Marinade anywhere, so I put out a call for help on Facebook.  So many people were so kind to respond and give me ideas of where to find it!  A local friend was in a store and remembered me and picked it up for me!  I could have ordered online, but it was way more expensive.  I did end up finding a store by work that carries it, so next time I want to make this (which will be soon - it was VERY well liked in my house!), I know where to go.  Thanks, Lauren!





















Spicy Thai Shrimp Skillet
adapted from Eat Live Run

1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1" knob fresh ginger, minced
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of salt
red pepper flakes
1/2 cup Stubb's Pork Marinade (with chilies, lime and garlic)
1 cup cooked rice

Place the raw shrimp in a bowl and pour the Stubb's over it.  Toss well to coat.  Set aside for about 30 minutes.  In a large skillet or wok, add the coconut oil over medium-high heat.  When sizzling, add the broccoli, bell pepper and ginger.  Drizzle with sesame oil and add a pinch of salt and pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste.  Saute for about 4 minutes, until the broccoli is crisp-tender.  Add the shrimp and the marinade to the skillet.  Stir and cook until shrimp are opaque and cooked through.  Add cooked rice.  Stir everything to combine and remove from heat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment