Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chili Lime Scallops

More fish on a stick!  What a surprise, I'm sure.  We rarely eat scallops, which is my fault, because I don't like to OD on the flavor.  I also feel the same way about bananas.  To me, those flavors can get overwhelming and I want to continue to enjoy them.  Skewering and grilling fish gets complicated for me because the fish always seems to fall off the skewer and stick to the grill.  I'd do this over foil next time.




















Chili Lime Scallops
adapted from Eat Spin Run Repeat

15 medium scallops (that's how many came in the frozen bag), thawed
1 zucchini, cut in 1/4" rounds
about 1 cup pineapple, cut in 1" pieces
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
zest of 1/2 lime
a few pinches of crushed red chili pepper flakes

In a resealable bag, combine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest and red chili pepper flakes.  Add the scallops and marinate at least 15 minutes.  Add the pineapple and zucchini and toss to coat.  Thread the scallops, pineapple and zucchini onto the skewers and preheat grill to medium heat.  Grill for 2-3 minutes a side, until scallops are completely white.

No comments:

Post a Comment