Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ground Chicken and Blue Cheese Burgers

I've been on a little bit of a burger kick lately.  After I bought a bag of burger buns, I felt compelled to make sure we didn't just use two and toss the rest when they went bad.  Meanwhile, in the nail salon I go to, they always have the Food Network on and one week some show featured some really good looking burgers.  I came to the internet to find them, didn't, but I did find this.  I grilled the burgers, rather than sauteing and baking.




















Ground Chicken and Blue Cheese Burgers
adapted from Food Network

Tarragon Aioli:
1/2 cup mayo
1 tbsp roasted garlic puree
1 tbsp minced fresh tarragon
salt and ground white pepper to taste

Chicken Burgers:
1 lb ground chicken
6 oz blue cheese
2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground white pepper

For the tarragon aioli:  whisk together the mayo, garlic puree and tarragon.  Taste and season with salt and white pepper (I used a lot of white pepper).

For the burgers:  Form the chicken into 4 equal patties and form a pocket in the center of each burger.  Fill the center with a quarter of the blue cheese and fold the edges to seal the cheese in the burgers.  Sprinkle the burgers with salt and white pepper.  Place on preheated grill and grill until 165F inside.

Toast the buns on the grill and layer the bottom bun with some tarragon aioli.  Top with tomatoes and baby spinach leaves, if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment