Saturday, August 3, 2013

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers

You know I love myself a good summer kebab!  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that after I prepare the food, I don't actually have to cook it.  That's the man's job at my house!  This recipe was awesome and brought together some favorite flavors.  Actually, I just thought of something that would make it even better!  Either adding a chunk of ham, or wrapping the chicken in bacon!  There will be a next time... very soon!





















BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
from Real Mom Kitchen

2 large chicken breasts, cubed
1 red bell pepper, cut in 1" slices
1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
salt and pepper to taste

Thread skewers with peppers, chicken and pineapple.  Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.  Brush with 1 cup of barbecue sauce on both sides.  Discard any of that cup of barbecue sauce that might be leftover.  Grill the skewers over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.  Remove and brush with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment