Sunday, August 11, 2013

Honey Lime Tilapia

I have to remember that just because I like some fish now, I don't like all fish.  I thought by making tilapia this way would make me like it, and it didn't.  But, if you like tilapia, this recipe might be just the one for you, and I'm happy to have shared it with you.




















Honey Lime Tilapia
from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Fish and marinade:
4 tilapia filets (a little over a pound)
2 tbsp lime juice
zest of one lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 clove garlic, finely minced

Coating and cooking:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1-2 tbsp olive oil

Whisk together marinade and pour over fish in a large resealable bag.  Marinate for 1-4 hours.  Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Dredge the fish in the flour mixture.  Place fish in the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until juices run clear and fish is white.

No comments:

Post a Comment