Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Kale Turkey Meatballs

Almost every week at the farmer's market I get a huge bunch of kale for nearly nothing and I'm always at a loss to use it all up.  So I tried this recipe and I was pretty disappointed.  They're not even turkey meatballs, more like turkey lumps.  Meatballs really need to have some kind of filler breadcrumbs to stand up.  I guess one thing I could do is incorporate kale into my usual, love of my life turkey meatballs.  It would make tasty lunches during the week.  I also used these meatballs as an excuse to make my mom's red sauce, which came out great!!  I froze a bunch of it in double servings for the fall.





















Kale Turkey Meatballs Lumps
from Brooklyn Farm Girl

2 cups uncooked chopped kale
1 lb ground turkey
pinch each of dried rosemary, parsley, oregano
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1 egg

Add 2 tbsp of olive oil to a pan over medium high heat.  Add kale and herbs.  Cook until kale is wilted.  Put kale mixture and garlic into a food processor and pulse until chopped.  Add turkey and egg and pulse until it's all combined.  Form the mixture into 1" balls.  Add another tbsp of olive oil into the pan, turn to medium high heat and add meatballs.  Cook until browned on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment