Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Coconut Cilantro Grilled Chicken

I had most of a can of coconut milk left over from when I made Boozy Pina Colada Pork Chops and I really hated to waste it.  So I also made this in the same week.  It was okay.  I didn't think the flavors really got into the chicken, so maybe using flatter, thinner chicken breasts or the chicken thighs as recommended in the original recipe would work out better.  The marinade was really tasty (tasted before I added the chicken), so I'm not sure where it really went wrong.





















Coconut Cilantro Grilled Chicken
adapted from iFoodReal

2 bonesless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1/2 lime, juiced
1/4 red onion, chopped
1 handful of fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
jalapeno to taste (I used 4-5 jarred slices)

In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken and pulse until smooth.  Pierce clean, dry chicken breasts with a fork or knife.  Place chicken in a resealable bag and pour marinade over.  Seal the bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.  Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.  Grill indirectly about 20 minutes on each side until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment