Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quick and Easy Tarragon Chicken

I've posted a couple of "World's Best" chicken recipes, but, to me, this is the World's Best Chicken.  I LOVE this chicken and I used to make it all the time, but someone else who lives in my house got a little sick of it.  The sauce is just amazing.  I sometimes throw in some thin sliced mushrooms which also soak up the sauce.  I love to pair it with green beans and slop the sauce on them, as well.  This might not be your idea of "World's Best," but I hope you enjoy it.




















Quick and Easy Tarragon Chicken
from 365 Ways to Cook Chicken

2 tbsp butter/margarine
1 tbsp vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts, pounded to even thinness
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp dried tarragon
1/2 tsp salt
ground pepper to taste
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

In a large frying pan, melt butter in oil.  Add chicken and cook on both sides until lightly browned and starting to cook through.  Remove to a plate and set aside.  Add wine to the pan.  Bring to a boil, scraping up the brown bits.  Stir in mustard, salt, pepper and tarragon.  Whisk in cream and bring to a boil.  Cook until the mixture thickens up a bit.  Return the chicken to the pan and cook, covered, another 5-10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.  Turn regularly to coat the chicken in the sauce.  Serve with sauce spooned over.

No comments:

Post a Comment