Saturday, August 17, 2013

Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin

I love pork tenderloin and my go-to recipe is Buffalo Pork Tenderloin.  But we can sometimes get overloaded on the Buffalo flavor (I know, sounds crazy), so I tried to switch it up.  It was really tasty.  What I think is funny is it doesn't actually include any teriyaki sauce, but the flavor is there.  I ended up cooking it similarly to the way I cook my other pork on the grill, rather than the original recipe directions.




















Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
adapted from The Kitchn

1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp mirin or sake
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp minced ginger
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 whole pork tenderloin (mine was about 2 lbs)

Combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, mirin, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and whisk to combine.  Place the pork in a resealable bag and cover with the mixture.  Seal and refrigerate at least two hours or overnight.  Pull the pork from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking and allow to warm up to room temperature.  Heat the grill to medium-high (400F).  Fold up the four sides of sheet of aluminum foil to create kind of a basket.  Spray is with some cooking spray.  Place it on the grill and add the pork and the marinade.  Grill for about 45 minutes, basting with surrounding marinade often, until cooked to 145F inside.  Let rest about 10 minutes on a cutting board and slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment