Thursday, August 22, 2013

Honey, Lime and Sriracha Chicken Skewers

More stuff on a stick!  It's still summer, so I'm still grilling.  I got these adorable tiny sweet peppers at the farmer's market and, as I was eyeing them, a lady nearby said, "You know what I do with those??  Kebabs!"  She's a genius.  Then I had to find the perfect partner for them and I chose this chicken.  I was not disappointed at all.  I picked up another quart? pint? of them this week, but I'm going to use them as a snack for work with some ranch dip.



















Honey, Lime and Sriracha Chicken Skewers
adapted from Once Upon a Chef

3 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp lime zest, from one lime
3 tbsp fresh lime juice, from 2 limes
4 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
1 1/2 square piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
1 1/2 tbsp sriracha sauce
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 chicken breasts, cut in 1" pieces


In a blender, combine soy sauce, honey, oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, ginger, sriracha and salt.  Blend until completely smooth.  Pour 1/2 cup of the marinade in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Combine chicken and remaining marinade in a large resealable bag and seal tightly.  Marinate 6 hours to overnight.  Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread on skewers.  Heat grill to medium high heat and grease the grill.  Grill the chicken skewers about 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.  Transfer skewers to a platter and drizzle the reserved marinade over top.

No comments:

Post a Comment